Monday 7 December 2015

Re-return

Three and a half years.  That's how long I have cumulatively been in The States.  Bar that 2-and-a-half-week return in December 2013, I've been so far across the world from family.  

It's bizarre to think I've left my American family behind for my Malaysian one.  But as Tim Tesar of Admissions had said, it isn't a "goodbye" as much as it is a "see you next time".

I've cried four times already.  Not in a "bawl your eyes out" kind of way, but the "hold back silent tears" routine.

Perhaps it's because I'm confident that I'll see them in the near future.  Or it could just be that I've yet to accept the reality of things.

Either way, I still love them.  All of them.  And that shouldn't change at all.

Malaysia, I'll see you in about 2 days.  My future lies ahead.  The scary, unforgiving, powerful, wonderful, beautiful future.

How Do You Do It - Empress Of

No comments: