Monday 7 December 2015

Terminal

They say that when everything is against you, that things can only be on the upside from that point onward.  I would like to think so, but on the flipside, I believe that you make your own luck.  

Upon approaching the check-in desk for my flight back home, it was revealed that I was required to have a Canadian visa to enter their borders.  Now, this wasn't going to be a problem, if I knew or had a transit visa, which was vaguely informed to me by the company I had booked my tickets with.

I won't be saying any names, but FUCK YOU, CHEAPOAIR.

What was worse was that I couldn't cancel my flight and get a credit (yeah, not even a refund!) because I had checked-in online, and the offices for airline concerned was only open for the weekdays.  Yeah, I'm livid.  I should be.  I was cheated, maybe out of naiveity, but also out of corporate greed.

So, I blew $1000 USD without even walking past the security screening.  Fuck me, right?  I had to arrange for an alternate flight, leaving at 5 am the following day.  Yeah, that flight was booked already, and does not go through Cananda (thank fuck!).  Instead, it'll be going to Shanghai, which has the reasonable transit policy of NOT NEEDING A GODDAMN VISA FOR A TRANSIT.

Wait until I explain this to my parents and attempt to build a case to get some sort of compensation.  That will be a hell of a time.

Even after sleeping it off for an hour am I still seething with anger.  And I haven't even talked about the remaining emotions I had/am experiencing.

Lies - The Heirs

No comments: