Thursday 14 October 2010

This just in...

I learnt that Manoj reads my blog... Huh, interesting.

And I just found out that my blog had just surpassed 150 posts. And that took me 4 years to accomplish. Isn't that slow?

One more thing, dancing tango is a giant pain in the hind. Sure, I didn't have to do the fancy lifts and spins, but I find the passion-infused dance to be too hot for me. It's not because of my hormones, I can manage that. It's all the body contact you know... Gives me the heebie-jeebies. Cross my fingers that my dance partner's boyfriend doesn't kill me when he sees us dance to that during prom, before my parents do I mean.

Oh the other hand, I got my English results back. Yes, I'm omitting the mention of the other 8 papers just cause I don't wanna talk about them, and because I haven't got them all yet. I wrote an essay for my late grandfather who sadly passed away last year and while writing that essay, I swore I nearly broke down in my classroom 3 times. Luckily, I managed to suck it in and focus. Pn. Shaja wrote one simple, short and sweet line at the bottom of my paper in red ink. It said: "Well done, you have successfully immortalised your grandfather in this essay!"

I was elated. I was finally able to give my grandfather the recognition he truly deserves, although I didn't have time to add everything about him in the essay.

Hopefully, I'll get the chance to type everything down for everyone else to see. And maybe someday, my kids and their kids will learn more about their roots. I gotta do that someday... Retracing my roots, I mean. Well, it's almost time for football. So, signing off.

Chasing Pirates-Norah Jones

No comments: