Monday 21 September 2015

Borscht

So the recent World Music and Food Festival happened over at Des Moines.  It was my first time there so I guess I was somewhat pumped.  My recovering sprained ankle wasn't as keen.

The final verdict: I wish there were more European cuisines to eat, and less (or no) American food stalls.  The borscht was amazing, but then again, I love borscht.  The Ethiopian booth had pretty good food as well, in generous portions, while the Dutch booth had Dark Chocolate ice cream, which was great.  Didn't try the Asian countries' food at all, because I've had enough of that.

We didn't stay for the fireworks, but that's all right.  We left sometime around 6 pm, and I passed some things over to Liang, since I need to offload everything anyway.  Kinda bummed that I had to part with my Logitech gamepad, as that means I can't play any platformers anytime soon.

I also tested out my recovering ankle earlier today with a football session.  Definitely not up to full fitness yet, as it hurt even with a turn of the ball when my ankle is locked facing downward.  It was also apparent throughout the game as I played pacifist in a contact sport, making zero tackles.

At least I can still dribble a little.  Managed to score a goal today by turning Adli inside out before slotting a shot past Jon, the goalie.  I couldn't contain my joy and made an awkward double fist pump to the ground.  Yay for small things.

What Do You Mean? - Justin Bieber

No comments: