Friday 25 September 2015

Murder

So I'm planning on hosting a murder mystery party sort of as a farewell party of sorts.  After sifting through almost 4 hours of reading material via the Google, I'm no closer to figuring out what to do.  This post is pretty much my break session.

All I know is that I'm gonna have it loosely themed after Sherlock Holmes, and that looking up "murder", "spider" and "diagrams" led me to the dark side of the internet.  Well, that sure scarred me for today.

On a separate note, my ankle is still recovering, albeit slowly due to last week's football session.  I'm no longer wearing the ankle brace, as it gets darn itchy.  I still can't make sharp turns or put a lot of thrust in a toe-lift-off, but at least I can do high-knee jogs to work out a little.

I should get back to my plot devices soon, since I'm not being productive with offloading my belongings before I go home.  Plus, I've filled my schedule up with the sporadic lectures featured by Iowa State.  

I managed to attend my first lecture conducted by Frank Abagnale, so that was great.  You know that movie "Catch Me If You Can"? That's based off him, one of America's most wanted conman under the age of 19.  Yes, 19 years old.  It was intriguing to listen to his life story, and how it differed from how Steven Spielberg had portrayed it in the movie, including the repercussions of his actions when he was younger, owing the U.S. government over $4 million.

Regardless, he is a remarkable human, not for his past, but for his resourcefulness and ingenuity.  Since then, he has contributed to many fraud-prevention systems that are still implemented in many companies in the Fortune 500 list, in over 80 different countries.  

An odd way to end this post, but meh.  I'm on "Scatterbrain Mode" now.

Bad Blood - Ryan Adams

No comments: