Sunday 10 July 2016

Cider

It seems that my body isn't built to consume alcohol.

I had a Pear Cider (my first) this afternoon out of curiosity and boredom.  Don't get me wrong, it was pretty delicious, with the pear and fizz disguising the low alcohol content well.

However, an hour later I had experienced sudden weakness (like blood rushing away from my brain) and blocked hearing, with my ears simply ringing for what was the worst two minutes I had in a long time.

I slowly ascended the stairs to my bathroom while clutching firmly on the handrail, careful not to trip along the way, lifted the toilet seat cover and went on all fours preparing for a projectile vomit.  Thankfully (or not), it didn't come to be.  I lied with my back on the wall for a few minutes before full-functionality returned.

Football in the evening definitely exacerbated my condition, with my head throbbing as I put myself through various running drills and ball control courses.  Even now, my head is still hurting.  It has been seven hours now.

Some things aren't meant to be, I guess.

A Real Hero - Electric Youth

No comments: