Tuesday 12 July 2016

Meds

It's about that time for me to have a follow-up appointment with an endocrinologist on my hyperthyroidism treatment.

So today, I had a follow-up appointment at UMSC to discover the result of my blood work, taken the previous Friday.  Turns out, I'm back to being normal again.

My thyroid activity and hormone levels are now within normal levels and for the first time in two years, I'm finally off medication.  And that's crazy.

I'll be meeting with the endocrinologist in a couple of months to see my progress from there, so finger's crossed that I'll be fine.

I'm just really grateful for the help and support provided when I first had symptoms of it.  So here's to hoping that I can be off thyroid support for good.   But I'll need to be cautious too, as things can always teeter along with issues like these.

Sidenote, I'm slowly getting back to writing that book and perhaps, I'll get onto that Murder Mystery Party again...  eventually.

Oh, and the Euro 2016 Finals was shit.  I don't even want to go there.

Leisure Suite - Feist

No comments: