Friday 16 October 2015

Kills

A little more of me died the further I read into this article on depression and anxiety. It kills me inside that I can't be there to help my best friend. 

She is stuck halfway across the world, and I am powerless to help her. She has battled depression since I've met her, and yet there's not a simple solution to curb this problem. It's been five years now. And although relatively speaking five years isn't long, compared to a lifetime, read that article and think again. 

If you know anyone going through a tough time, be there for them. You don't need to know what to do; just be in their presence. Listen to what they have to say. I have to be strong for her. Because if she can't see all the good in her, I must be there to shine a light. I need to be her light, even in my own darkness.

For she will do the same for me. Out of love, for a friend. 

With a heavy heart, may you be safe. And if I can't be there in your worst, then I don't deserve your best. And it is unquestionable and irrefutable, that you are the best. I will do everything possible, to remind you of that salient fact. That you, whoever reads this, be it the one, or the one hundred, are amazing.  Even if you don't believe it yourself, I do. 

For you, a thousand times over. 

Shine A Light - Banners

No comments: