Wednesday 29 December 2010

Blink


Finally, I got a good book to read.  Yay me.  As you can see from the fine print below the title, it's about using your subconscious to evaluate and assess stuff instead.  It's seems... complex.  After the first few pages, I was very impressed as anyone can relate to the phenomenon which is Blink.  


The author, Malcolm Gladwell, does look pretty smart, with his Einstein-lookalike hairdo.

I just finished learning Chapter One, which is the Theory of Thin Slices, a sophisticated method of making a quick evaluation or judgment within a short amount of time.  For instance, a person who can apply this theory properly can be as good, if not more accurate, at understanding someone better than his/her close friend for, let say 8 years, just in a window of 30 minutes.  Unfortunately, about 45% of people who understand thin-slicing can't apply it.  I haven't tried it out yet.

Currently learning the art of "Priming".  This'll be fun.  Okays.  That's it for today.  Not in the mood for prom blogging yet.  And it just hit me that I'm starting pre-u in a week's time.  Crap.

Cassie - Flyleaf

No comments: